Boot from this image:
Follow the installation steps. Various screens will guide you through the process and you can follow the recommended setup below for a default installation:
*Note by following these instructions you will erase ALL your server's disk contents.
- Select a language - Language: [English]
- Select your location - Country, territory or area: [United States or your own]
- Configure the keyboard - Keymap to use? [American English or your own]
- Configure the network - Hostname: [dappnode]
- Set up users and passwords - Root password: [Leave blank (twice)]
- Set up users and passwords - Username for your account: [dappnode]
- Set up users and passwords Choose a password for the new user: [YOUR_PASSWORD]
- Set up users and passwords - Re-enter password to verify: [YOUR_PASSWORD]
- Configure the clock - Select your time zone: [Select your own]
- Partition disk - Partitioning method: [Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM]
- Partition disk - Select disk to partition: [SCSIX (0,0,0) (sda) - ...]
- Partition disk - Selected for partitioning: [All files in one partition]
- Partition disk - Write the changes to disks and configure LVM? [Yes]
- Partition disk - Amount of volume group to use for guided partitioning: [Continue]
- Partition disk - Write the changes to disks? [Yes]
- Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk - Install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record? [Yes]
- Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk - [/dev/sda (or the disk selected above)]
- Your public IP - [Unless you have a fixed IP leave it blank]
- Finish the installation - Installation complete [continue]
Resume DAppNode's installation
If the installation succeeded, your system will reboot and you will have to log in with the user and password provided in the installation steps above. Then the following screen should appear:
Now you can connect to your DAppNode by downloading the .ovpn file that you will be able to download from the link / QR show at the end of the installation by double click in it to open it with a compatible OpenVPN client. Here you have the recommended ones and connection instructions
This part of the link dccdc**********d82.dyndns.dappnode.io can can be substituted by the internal ip (192.168.0.31) to avoid routing problems with dyndns.
Download the OVPN configuration file and add to tunnelblick.
Connect to your DAppNode through VPN and navigate to my.dappnode to access DAppNode's admin page. DAppNode's functionality will be limited until the Ethereum mainnet chain is synced.
Now you can do things like for example:
Navigate to a decentralized web decentral.eth:
Decentralized version of Mycrypto
- Decentralized version of ENS Manager
Decentralized version of Wallet Gnosis
Go to the IPFS web interface by entering http://ipfs.dappnode:5001/webui into your browser.
The first time you access to it will ask you for your
Custom API address, just fill the field with this address and you will be connected to your IPFS node, this is the input you have to enter in the field
Is your API in a port other than 5001?